How to install MaXpeedingRods Air Spring?
If you know how to install the air spring? This blog is to assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of airbags. Before starting to install these components on the vehicle, it is important to read and understand the entire installation manual.
The air suspension system uses high-pressure air. Before disassembling, please confirm that the pressure has been released and disconnect the power supply of the air suspension system. Do not allow dust or grease to enter the air tube. When replacing air shock absorbers, please wear appropriate goggles and protective equipment throughout the process.
Use the jack correctly to lift the vehicle and fix it on the jack bracket. If there is not enough support, no work can be done under the vehicle under any circumstances, otherwise it may cause serious personal injury or death.
PART 1 AIR SPRING REMOVAL
- If there is an air suspension switch, turn the air suspension switch to the off position first.
- Set the steering to straight ahead.
- Raise the vehicle to a suitable position.
- Remove the wheels and brake calipers.
- Remove the top retaining clip of the air spring.
- Open the air spring solenoid valve and the exhaust valve on the air spring to exhaust the air pressure in the air spring.
WARNING: Under any circumstances, do not remove the air bag when the air shock absorption system is working. Do not remove any components supporting the air bag without venting or supporting the air bag. Disconnecting the pressurized air line connected to the air compressor can cause personal injury or component damage.
- Remove the air pipe fixing clip or disconnect the electrical connector from the air spring solenoid
- If there is an air spring solenoid valve, remove the solenoid valve first.
- Remove the air line from the air spring solenoid
- Remove the bottom retaining clip from the air spring.
- Remove the old air spring from the vehicle.
PART 2 AIR SPRING INSTALLATION
Please check the product for wear, embrittlement and cracks in the rubber parts before installation. Check for corrosion of metal parts. Check the plastic parts for hairline cracks. Remove all liquids and check for source contamination. Remove all foreign objects such as stones or dirt.
WARNING: Tighten all nuts and bolts to manufacturer’s specifications during the installation process.
- Install the spring retaining clip on the top of the air spring
- Install the air spring solenoid valve into the air spring
WARNING: The O-ring on the solenoid valve must be replaced. Failure to replace the O-ring on the solenoid will cause the air spring to leak, damage the compressor and/or void the warranty.
- Connect the air spring solenoid electrical connector
- Connect the air line to the air spring solenoid
Please make sure the valve and air pipe are clean. Do not bend, twist or squeeze the air pressure tube.
- Remove all safety stands and lower vehicle.
Lift the vehicle from the jack bracket and remove it from under the vehicle. Slowly lower the jack until the vehicle is slightly below the normal driving height. Don’t let the vehicle suspension hit the bottom. This will damage the air spring.
- Turn the suspension switch back to the ON position, so that the air suspension computer can sense the height of the vehicle and command the air compressor to turn on. Then re-inflate the air spring until the vehicle reaches the normal driving height. After re-inflating the air suspension system, completely lower the jack and then remove it from under the vehicle.
In order to ensure that your air suspension system has a longer service life and improve satisfaction, we have made the following instructions:
- Not to be stored below -40°F (-40°C) or above 158°F (70°C).
- Clean the reused parts and apply the new O-rings and lubricant.
- Regarding the air pressure, regularly check the air pressure of the air spring. Maintain the minimum pressure required.
- Please understand the load capacity and spring stiffness of the car’s air spring.
- Adjust the swing lever, especially the front suspension, to optimize the turning characteristics
- Know, understand and keep within the rated weight of the vehicle.
- Do not let the airbag rub against anything on the vehicle. The minimum clearance around the air spring must be ½ inch. After the air spring is fully deflated, you should maintain at least one inch of ground clearance. After installation, make sure to keep the minimum clearance when the air spring is fully inflated. Otherwise, the suspension system may malfunction.
- Pinching of the bellows with metal parts– avoid driving without pressure in the air suspension
- Air shock absorption surface damaged — leave enough space
- Insufficient air pressure-air leakage, using a soapy water mixture, check for air leaks.
- Insufficient air pressure-the compressor is damaged, replace the compressor
- Excessive stretching of air damping– check the bracket and adjust the height of the sensor
- Chemical contamination– avoid usage of lubricants or cleaners which contain mineral oils
- Damaged air cushion — never exceed the maximal allowed weight of the vehicle
- Air spring not suitable for application, double check if the air spring fits the OE part number